Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the wood burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Lockable shed
- Full size telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
Beautiful 5* cottage in a fabulous location. We had a wonderful week that went so quick. Lovely Cream Tea on arrival. Paul & Kieran loved Bike Park Wales. Great days out at Newquay, the Waterfalls and Usk Reservoir. Lots of good food at The Bear Inn and Castle Hotel in Llandovery. Merlin, the Red Setter, will miss the garden and the woods. Thanks Sue & Jonah for being wonderful hosts.
We have really enjoyed our stay in this beautiful cottage. We received a very warm welcome and a delicious Cream Tea. Our favourite walks were Four Waterfalls near Ystradfellte and the RSPB Reserve and Lake Brianne Dam. Can also recommend the train to Knighton to walk parts of Offa’s Dyke, where there is a very good Visitor Centre. We loved the local shops in Llandovery, superb choice of good food! Highly recommend No. 14 Coffee Shop for “to die-for” chocolate Brownies! Thank you Jonah and …
Thank you for a lovely week – Beautiful cottage in a lovely surrounding and our every need catered for from extra dog blankets to local info such as great places to eat and road closures!
Fantastic hosts, wonderful place! Our second stay at Basel Cottage where we have had a very relaxing four days. Weather was good for time of year, sunshine, showers, snow & frost – we will be back!
It has been a real joy to return again to Basel Cottage, to your delightful and warm welcome. You are to be congratulated on keeping up your immaculate standards and personal warmth. With all our love xxx
Our second visit to Basel Cottage. Great welcome, beautiful place, lovely cottage – We will be back again! Thank you.
What more can we add to previous comments about how great this place is and the warm hospitality of Sue & Jonah. We stayed 5 days and highlights included Dinefwr Park & Castle, day trip to Tenby and a sunny walk around the National Botanic Garden of Wales. Really comfortable cottage, fabulous views – probably the BEST holiday cottage we have ever stayed in. BIG THANK YOU!
Had such laughs here in your lovely cottage. Wonderful area, scenery just amazing and the dogs had a wonderful time.
We have had a lovely three days in Basel Cottage – always spotless! And today the sun is shining for us. Ruben had a great time, see you soon and thank you.
Lovely stay in your beautiful cottage, best we have stayed in. Everything you could wish for, home from home. Sue and Jonah are a wonderful couple, very welcoming.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend