Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the wood burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Lockable shed
- Full size telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a really lovely cottage beautifully fitted out and in such a fantastic area. We had some thoroughly enjoyable walks with the dog – just wish the weather had been a bit better. A great place to stay.
Marvellous! The welcome cream tea was delicious and we also enjoyed the nice little talks with Sue and Jonah. A perfect holiday for all of us… we will definitely come back!
What a lovely place for a rest, the cottage is lovely and felt like home as soon as you walked in.
Dear Sue & Jonah, We had an amazing week! We were lucky enough to have beautiful and sunny weather almost the entire week! The hiking tour of the two lakes – Llyn Y Fan Fach and Llyn Y Fan Fawr was our personal favourite, really exhausting but absolutely worth it! – The view is breath-taking! But best of all was coming home to a lovely cottage in the evening, which obviously had taken a lot of work! So much love has been put into it and it really felt like home – Thank you for that. Hopef…
We had the most wonderful week here at Basel Cottage. The cottage is pure luxury and the best equipped cottage we have ever been to. The views and walks were fantastic. Sue & Jonah are brilliant hosts and our Cream Tea on arrival was an added bonus. We hope to return in the future.
When going on holiday its everyones desire to arrive at your destination and feel at home. Sadly this is seldom the case until you plan a stay at Basel Cottage! ..this cottage ticks all the boxes even the ones not on the list. And there is more, the cottage comes with a friendly welcoming team (Sue, Jonah and Ben) totally at your service in a charming way.
Perfect cottage, perfect hosts, perfect view. Only thing wrong with this holiday is that is has to end! Our second visit – can’t wait for our third. We love coming to see Sue and Jonah as much as the cottage, no wonder they have so many return visits, they’re doing everything right.
A wonderful stay and do not want to leave. Loved watching the birds on the feeders and seeing the red kites. Matt enjoyed a night sleeping in the woods and Fenn loved splashing in the river. Lovely cottage and Sue has been a wonderful host.
Had such laughs here in your lovely cottage. Wonderful area, scenery just amazing and the dogs had a wonderful time.
Thank you Sue and Jonah, we have had another great stay at your cottage. It’s a perfect place to stay and we hope to return again next year. Brenie had a fantastic time running in the surrounding fields.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend