Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September 2018.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th July 2018 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
Our stay in the Brecon Beacons was enhanced by your kind hospitality and your beautiful cottage. The morning drama at the Bird Table was great fun and set the mood for the day! Once again, thank you very much.
What a wonderful Cottage. Perfect for the kids who loved the woods and stream. Great places to visit and a warm welcome. Cottage is of high standard and had everything we need.
We have had a lovely week staying at Basel Cottage. Sue and Jonah gave us a warm welcome and were happy to answer any questions we had. It is clear to see the hard work and effort that has been put into the cottage as it is so homely. You are set in a wonderful location here! Thank you for letting us have a holiday to remember!
Thank you Sue and Jonah for a perfect week in your fantastic cottage! You were great hosts. In every detail your cottage is an absolutely quality cottage. Don’t want to leave and definitely want to come back.
Thanks again for the warm welcome and a lovely stay. We’ll surely be back again. Heaven on earth for the dogs!!
Had a relaxing week in an ideal cottage. Best cottage we have stayed at in 40 years of cottage holidays. (Pity we have no dog!)
Dear Sue and Jonah, Thank you very much for the lovely stay in your beautiful cottage. We all enjoyed it very much. What a special place!
Had a relaxing week in an ideal cottage. Charming hosts. Enjoyed the chats. Best cottage we have stayed at in 40 years of cottage holidays. Many thanks both.
As returners we knew what to expect but were still blown away by the level of hospitality we received. Thanks for a great summer break xxx
Once again we had a really relaxing time. Great welcoming tea. Dogs remembered you and enjoyed the runs in the fields. See you both next year. Thanks.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend