Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September 2017
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on 8th & 9th July 2017 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
Our second visit to Basel Cottage. Great welcome, beautiful place, lovely cottage – We will be back again! Thank you.
This is a wonderful home from home – everything that you need for a relaxing break. Sue and Jonah are perfect hosts and the Cream Tea on arrival was a lovely welcome surprise. The grounds are lovely for dog walking and Kukki does not want to go home! We explored the area and went to the National Botanic Garden of Wales – Monday’s being Doggy Day! There are so many places to visit and we loved sitting on the decking in the sunshine with a glass of wine! We hope to come back soon xxx
“Top notch Hospitality!” Outstanding accommodation in superb location. We have been moved by the warmth and kindness we have received as guests. It has enhanced everything we have enjoyed this week.
We have had a lovely three days in Basel Cottage – always spotless! And today the sun is shining for us. Ruben had a great time, see you soon and thank you.
Fantastic hosts, wonderful place! Our second stay at Basel Cottage where we have had a very relaxing four days. Weather was good for time of year, sunshine, showers, snow & frost – we will be back!
We will be very sad to leave this idyllic haven and will definitely recommend to others.
We had the most wonderful week here at Basel Cottage. The cottage is pure luxury and the best equipped cottage we have ever been to. The views and walks were fantastic. Sue & Jonah are brilliant hosts and our Cream Tea on arrival was an added bonus. We hope to return in the future.
It has been a real joy to return again to Basel Cottage, to your delightful and warm welcome. You are to be congratulated on keeping up your immaculate standards and personal warmth. With all our love xxx
Cottage had everything we needed. Location was great. Perfect for Brenie (the dog) – we had some lovely walks. We hope to see you again. Thanks for everything Sue.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and for making us feel at home in your perfect cottage. We had a great time and Sam had great fun with the cows! Thanks again for the Royal Welsh Show tickets and we hope to see you again soon.
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend
- Royal Approval from HRH The Prince of Wales for Llandovery Motorbike Weekend!
- HRH The Prince of Wales to launch the inaugural Llandovery Motorbike Weekend
- Silver Award Winner at the CTA Awards 2015/2016