Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September 2018.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th July 2018 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
Not many words needed, just a brilliant stay – 4th time! Asked the dogs Max & Boyce what they thought of it – wagged their tails and started to bark, full of excitement!!!! – Guess they agreed! Diolch yn fawr to Sue & Jonah.
Cottage had everything we needed. Location was great. Perfect for Brenie (the dog) – we had some lovely walks. We hope to see you again. Thanks for everything Sue.
Thank you for a fantastic stay in your beautiful cottage. It has been so relaxing and comfortable. Henry has rejuvenated at least 5 years! A wonderful holiday!
What a lovely place for a rest, the cottage is lovely and felt like home as soon as you walked in.
Mixed weather but some good sunny days. Lovely cottage, has all you could really want. Thanks to the hosts for being so kind. Countryside marvellous on this the west side of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Birdlife exceptional.
We’ve spent two glorious weeks here in this beautiful cottage and stunning surroundings. A great property for Flint and Ruby to run freely – can’t fault anything. Perfect hosts thank you!
We have enjoyed a lovely week here. Perfect accommodation, we could have quite happily stayed another week. Wonderful hosts, nothing was too much trouble.
Dear Sue and Jonah, Thank you very much for the lovely stay in your beautiful cottage. We all enjoyed it very much. What a special place!
Thank you for a lovely week, well done with the weather!!! The cottage was wonderful and the views from the window seat were stunning. See you again!!!
A lovely week at this fabulous cottage, you could not want for more. We are sad to be leaving.
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend
- Royal Approval from HRH The Prince of Wales for Llandovery Motorbike Weekend!