Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September 2018.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th July 2018 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
We have really enjoyed our week at Basel Cottage. The welcome with scones and tea was much appreciated. Sue and Jonah have been great hosts, making sure we had everything we needed. The standard of accommodation is first class and very comfortable. Sheba certainly enjoyed her walks! Watching the wildlife from the lounge window-seat was brilliant and we have many photos! We have been quite lucky with the weather apart from the storm on Friday! We have had several cottage holidays bu…
Thanks for a lovely time at Basel Cottage, we really enjoyed it. This was the nicest and warmest place we’ve ever been on a trip, it was amazing!
Basel Cottage is now firmly our No.1 ‘Go to’ cottage when we need to recharge our batteries! Despite awful weather Sue and Jonah create the most perfect spot to enjoy the peace and quiet. The antics at the bird table can keep you amused and entertained for hours! Thank You.
Our stay in Basel Cottage can be described in one word – ‘Perfect!!’ Thank you.
Cottage had everything we needed. Location was great. Perfect for Brenie (the dog) – we had some lovely walks. We hope to see you again. Thanks for everything Sue.
A lovely week in a beautiful cottage with fantastic surroundings, we had a lovely time!
Thanks Sue and Jonah for our magical week at Basel Cottage. We have loved every minute at this tranquil spot you both have created.
Brilliant!! Lovely welcome by Sue and Sam on arrival. Lovely area and great people, will recommend this to all.
Wonderful scenery and great weather! Cottage excellent, everything thought of and thanks for lovely cream tea when we arrived. Hollie says thanks for dog-sitting her. Llandovery is lovely and very dog friendly.
Our stay in the Brecon Beacons was enhanced by your kind hospitality and your beautiful cottage. The morning drama at the Bird Table was great fun and set the mood for the day! Once again, thank you very much.
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend
- Royal Approval from HRH The Prince of Wales for Llandovery Motorbike Weekend!
- HRH The Prince of Wales to launch the inaugural Llandovery Motorbike Weekend