Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September 2017
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on 8th & 9th July 2017 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A luxurious treat for dogs and humans alike! Thank you.
It was a delight to stay with you; the cottage is perfect in every detail; the garden is just amazing; it was a dream to be here!
Such kindness from these two lovely people, how can we ever repay you? Oh and the cottage was pretty good too!
Thank you so much for your warm welcome and hospitality. We all throughly enjoyed our stay, the boys had such fun playing hide and seek in the woods and we had lots of laughs down at the river with Rocky. A really special place run by special people. Thanks for a holiday to remember.
Beautiful 5* cottage in a fabulous location. We had a wonderful week that went so quick. Lovely Cream Tea on arrival. Paul & Kieran loved Bike Park Wales. Great days out at Newquay, the Waterfalls and Usk Reservoir. Lots of good food at The Bear Inn and Castle Hotel in Llandovery. Merlin, the Red Setter, will miss the garden and the woods. Thanks Sue & Jonah for being wonderful hosts.
Thank you for a lovely week – Beautiful cottage in a lovely surrounding and our every need catered for from extra dog blankets to local info such as great places to eat and road closures!
We have enjoyed a lovely week here. Perfect accommodation, we could have quite happily stayed another week. Wonderful hosts, nothing was too much trouble.
A lovely week. Cottage great as usual – weather was kind to us. Yolande loves Wales, but this was her first time back since she was a child. Hope to see you again next year – Our week to relax! Thank you.
We had another marvellous week here in Basel Cottage thanks to Sue & Jonah, this beautiful cottage and terrace, excellent walks and a lot of delicious Brownies and cream teas! We hope to come back soon.
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend
- Royal Approval from HRH The Prince of Wales for Llandovery Motorbike Weekend!
- HRH The Prince of Wales to launch the inaugural Llandovery Motorbike Weekend
- Silver Award Winner at the CTA Awards 2015/2016