Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September 2018.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th July 2018 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What more can we say about this lovely cottage! Perfect hosts, perfect cottage and what’s more PERFECT WEATHER all week! Looking forward to our 3rd visit at Christmas. Many thanks, Sue & Jonah.
Thank you Sue and Jonah! We have had such a superb week in your lovely cottage – a real home from home! Walking, pre-history, castles – nothing better! We would very much like to return.
We’ve spent two glorious weeks here in this beautiful cottage and stunning surroundings. A great property for Flint and Ruby to run freely – can’t fault anything. Perfect hosts thank you!
A luxurious treat for dogs and humans alike! Thank you.
We hate to leave! We felt welcome and honoured and we loved everything about our stay in this beautiful place.
Sue and Jonah thank you for a lovely stay. Cottage is very lovely with great views and all a great holiday needs. We hope to see you next year.
Wonderful scenery and great weather! Cottage excellent, everything thought of and thanks for lovely cream tea when we arrived. Hollie says thanks for dog-sitting her. Llandovery is lovely and very dog friendly.
We will be very sad to leave this idyllic haven and will definitely recommend to others.
Lovely to return here to this beautiful location and so comfortable cottage. Thank you for all your kindness.
Thank you very much for your friendly and warm welcome – not to mention the little touch with the slate ‘Welcoming Sign’ and the delicious Cream Tea. You can tell how much thought and love and of course hard work that goes into running this beautiful cottage! There is so much space inside and outside and the views and tranquility of the setting is second to none. It was absolutely perfect for us and Murphy enjoyed playing and exploring outside. To bring the motorbike and the car certainl…
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend