Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the Wood Burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Two Terraces, one elevated and decked, the other with a Fire-pit and stone and slate seating.
- Lockable Shed
- Full size Telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
We have had an amazing week, thank you! The dogs have loved the “garden” and we have loved the tranquillity.
This is a really lovely cottage beautifully fitted out and in such a fantastic area. We had some thoroughly enjoyable walks with the dog – just wish the weather had been a bit better. A great place to stay.
Our 5th stay at Basel Cottage has been wonderful! Always such a lovely warm welcome from Sue and Jonah, who really are great hosts! Brenie has had a peaceful few days away from the fireworks and we have had a relaxing stay too! We will be back! Best wishes and thank you.
A lovely week. Cottage great as usual – weather was kind to us. Yolande loves Wales, but this was her first time back since she was a child. Hope to see you again next year – Our week to relax! Thank you.
Dear Sue & Jonah, We had an amazing week! We were lucky enough to have beautiful and sunny weather almost the entire week! The hiking tour of the two lakes – Llyn Y Fan Fach and Llyn Y Fan Fawr was our personal favourite, really exhausting but absolutely worth it! – The view is breath-taking! But best of all was coming home to a lovely cottage in the evening, which obviously had taken a lot of work! So much love has been put into it and it really felt like home – Thank you for that. Hopef…
Smashing break. Enjoyed every minute of our stay (6th time!) Max and Boyce were very happy to make new friends with Barney and Teddy 🐾🐾! Diolch yn Fawr.
Can only repeat what previous guests have already said – a GEM of a cottage with the perfect hosts! Thank you!!!
Thank you so much for your warm welcome and hospitality. We all throughly enjoyed our stay, the boys had such fun playing hide and seek in the woods and we had lots of laughs down at the river with Rocky. A really special place run by special people. Thanks for a holiday to remember.
This is our 2nd visit to Basel Cottage and it is just as we remembered it – FANTASTIC! Thank you Sue & Jonah for making us feel so welcome – we will be back!
Thank you Sue and Jonah for a perfect week in your fantastic cottage! You were great hosts. In every detail your cottage is an absolutely quality cottage. Don’t want to leave and definitely want to come back.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend