Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the wood burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Lockable shed
- Full size telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks Sue and Jonah for a lovely week in your wonderful cottage. The Cream Tea on arrival was most welcome. Charley really enjoyed her day with Jonah and we do not think she wanted to come back to us!
A lovely week at this fabulous cottage, you could not want for more. We are sad to be leaving.
A very very warm welcome with tea and scones. The weather was not too bad. The cottage is very lovely and very cosy and the surrounding area is beautiful. Thank you both for all the care you take.
It was our second time here in Basel Cottage! All we can say is: In more than 10 years of holidays all over Great Britain, this definitely is the best cottage we have ever stayed in! The location is fantastic, so peaceful, so quiet! Thank you Sue & Jonah for everything – we will miss Wales and Basel Cottage! You are fantastic hosts! We do hope that we can come back again one day!!
Lovely stay in your beautiful cottage, best we have stayed in. Everything you could wish for, home from home. Sue and Jonah are a wonderful couple, very welcoming.
Thank you Sue and Jonah, we have had another great stay at your cottage. It’s a perfect place to stay and we hope to return again next year. Brenie had a fantastic time running in the surrounding fields.
Fantastic cottage finished to a high standard. Great cottage and owners very helpful. Very comfortable and enjoyable stay even though the weather whilst we were there was wild. Would recommend.
Thank you for a lovely week, well done with the weather!!! The cottage was wonderful and the views from the window seat were stunning. See you again!!!
We had a lovely time at Basel Cottage. It is finished to an absolutely brilliant standard, definitely deserves it’s 5 Stars! Sue and Jonah are lovely and could not do enough to help. It was like visiting friends.
What more can we add to previous comments about how great this place is and the warm hospitality of Sue & Jonah. We stayed 5 days and highlights included Dinefwr Park & Castle, day trip to Tenby and a sunny walk around the National Botanic Garden of Wales. Really comfortable cottage, fabulous views – probably the BEST holiday cottage we have ever stayed in. BIG THANK YOU!
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend