Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the Wood Burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Two Terraces, one elevated and decked, the other with a Fire-pit and stone and slate seating.
- Lockable Shed
- Full size Telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
Wonderful scenery and great weather! Cottage excellent, everything thought of and thanks for lovely cream tea when we arrived. Hollie says thanks for dog-sitting her. Llandovery is lovely and very dog friendly.
Our 6th stay here at Basel Cottage and once again a lovely warm welcome from you both! We have had a relaxing few days and will definitely be back. Best wishes and thank you both XXX .
Great welcome by Sue and Jonah. Cottage well worth its 5* status and the grounds were perfect for the dogs. Buzzards, woodpeckers and squirrels frequent visitors. Will definitely recommend to anyone wishing to visit this area of Wales
A lovely warm welcome in one of the best cottages we have stayed in. Pity about the weather, but it did get better!
Thank you very much for your friendly and warm welcome – not to mention the little touch with the slate ‘Welcoming Sign’ and the delicious Cream Tea. You can tell how much thought and love and of course hard work that goes into running this beautiful cottage! There is so much space inside and outside and the views and tranquility of the setting is second to none. It was absolutely perfect for us and Murphy enjoyed playing and exploring outside. To bring the motorbike and the car certainl…
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and for making us feel at home in your perfect cottage. We had a great time and Sam had great fun with the cows! Thanks again for the Royal Welsh Show tickets and we hope to see you again soon.
Thank you Sue and Jonah for yet another wonderful holiday (3rd). You always make us so welcome and every year there are yet more surprises!!! Wonderful holiday. Hopefully see you next year! Love all the McCelland Family xxx
Thank you for a lovely week, well done with the weather!!! The cottage was wonderful and the views from the window seat were stunning. See you again!!!
Stunning cottage in an amazing location. Thank you for the wonderful scones on arrival. Rebecca had never tried them before and she is now a big fan of them! We had a fantastic time visiting Hay on Wye and museums in Swansea after travelling on the Heart of Wales Railway. Also went on the lovely Gwili Steam Railway. Took in the wonderful scenery this area has to offer and recommend the roads around Lynne Briane Reservoir. Also recommend Pengawse Tea Rooms in Llandovery – lovely food and la…
A beautiful cottage from which to explore the wonderful countryside. We have been made to feel so welcome by Sue and Jonah and will come again!
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend