Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the wood burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Lockable shed
- Full size telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mixed weather but some good sunny days. Lovely cottage, has all you could really want. Thanks to the hosts for being so kind. Countryside marvellous on this the west side of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Birdlife exceptional.
A beautiful cottage from which to explore the wonderful countryside. We have been made to feel so welcome by Sue and Jonah and will come again!
We all really enjoyed the cottage and the walks around your land. Issy and Oysha loved their playtime in the river on Sunday! We hope that we can visit again soon.
We had a remarkable week here at Basel Cottage. Very warm and friendly people, thanks Sue and Jonah
Just perfect in every way. Truly dog friendly! The woods are lovely. Local walks great. Beautiful cottage, warm and cosy. Sue & Jonah fantastic hosts – would definitely recommend.
Basel Cottage is a lovely property, both inside and out. It’s well decorated and has everything you’ll need. The owners are lovely, leaving you in doubt that you can contact them if you need anything, but otherwise just leaving you to your own devices. They’re also genuinely dog-friendly and the grounds are great for keeping your dog amused. I would heartily recommend Basel Cottage!
Brilliant!! Lovely welcome by Sue and Sam on arrival. Lovely area and great people, will recommend this to all.
Fabulous accommodation and lovely surroundings. Sue and Jonah greeted us with enthusiasm and were keen for us to make the most of our stay at Basel Cottage. We were shown around the cottage, of which they are very proud and rightly so! The cottage was comfortable and very clean. The surrounding garden / land was fabulous with amazing views and superb walks. Our elderly dog Faith was made most welcome. A super location for a truly relaxing break. Would highly recommend!
We feel deeply privileged to have spent another unique & wonderful week here in Llandovery at Basel Cottage. The sun has enhanced and embraced our stay. We have enjoyed the beauty of the surrounding hills and valleys particularly the snow on Pen y Fan. Your warmth of welcome Sue and the superb quality and provision of the cottage has again been a great blessing – Many thanks!
Had such laughs here in your lovely cottage. Wonderful area, scenery just amazing and the dogs had a wonderful time.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend