Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the Wood Burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Two Terraces, one elevated and decked, the other with a Fire-pit and stone and slate seating.
- Lockable Shed
- Full size Telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
Had such laughs here in your lovely cottage. Wonderful area, scenery just amazing and the dogs had a wonderful time.
We have had a wonderful week in your perfect cottage. Thank you for a warm welcome and lovely cream tea when we arrived. After our days out and about it was a real pleasure to come “home” and relax in the garden.
Our 2nd visit to Basel Cottage. Such a beautiful cottage, well equipped. Hosts Sue and Jonah are so friendly and welcoming. Visited Dinefwr – beautiful castle and grounds, Mumbles – lovely beach walk, Hired a boat in Brecon – lovely cruise along the canal. Always a pleasure to stay here. Back soon, love Julie XXX😀
Basel Cottage is now firmly our No.1 ‘Go to’ cottage when we need to recharge our batteries! Despite awful weather Sue and Jonah create the most perfect spot to enjoy the peace and quiet. The antics at the bird table can keep you amused and entertained for hours! Thank You.
An excellent week with lots of sun and little rain. Lovely cottage with fantastic grounds, enjoyed especially by the dogs.
Thank you both for another fantastic week – yes it has been as marvellous as the first time. We are looking at dates for our next visit!
Great lazy stay, enjoyed being snowed in for 2 days! Max and Boyce did not mind that the walks were shorter this time. Thanks again for the warm welcome and all the support. Already looking forward to our next stay. Diolch yn Fawr!
We have had a lovely week at Basel Cottage. Thanks to Sue and Jonah for the warm welcome and delicious Cream Tea! We have enjoyed watching the birds and exploring the woods and local area. Visited Hay on Wye, Brecon Car Show, Carreg Cennen Castle and Pembrey Beach – all fantastic! Hope to return soon! X
Thank you so much for your warm welcome and hospitality. We all throughly enjoyed our stay, the boys had such fun playing hide and seek in the woods and we had lots of laughs down at the river with Rocky. A really special place run by special people. Thanks for a holiday to remember.
Wonderful setting, great walks and really comfortable cottage. Lottie enjoyed her day with Sue and had great fun playing with Jonah. Can’t wait to come again.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend