Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the Wood Burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Two Terraces, one elevated and decked, the other with a Fire-pit and stone and slate seating.
- Lockable Shed
- Full size Telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
A lovely warm welcome in one of the best cottages we have stayed in. Pity about the weather, but it did get better!
Had such laughs here in your lovely cottage. Wonderful area, scenery just amazing and the dogs had a wonderful time.
We have had a wonderful week in your perfect cottage. Thank you for a warm welcome and lovely cream tea when we arrived. After our days out and about it was a real pleasure to come “home” and relax in the garden.
Basel Cottage is now firmly our No.1 ‘Go to’ cottage when we need to recharge our batteries! Despite awful weather Sue and Jonah create the most perfect spot to enjoy the peace and quiet. The antics at the bird table can keep you amused and entertained for hours! Thank You.
We have enjoyed a lovely week here. Perfect accommodation, we could have quite happily stayed another week. Wonderful hosts, nothing was too much trouble.
Dear Sue & Jonah, We had an amazing week! We were lucky enough to have beautiful and sunny weather almost the entire week! The hiking tour of the two lakes – Llyn Y Fan Fach and Llyn Y Fan Fawr was our personal favourite, really exhausting but absolutely worth it! – The view is breath-taking! But best of all was coming home to a lovely cottage in the evening, which obviously had taken a lot of work! So much love has been put into it and it really felt like home – Thank you for that. Hopef…
Fantastic cottage finished to a high standard. Great cottage and owners very helpful. Very comfortable and enjoyable stay even though the weather whilst we were there was wild. Would recommend.
Lovely to be back at Basel Cottage again. Nice to meet Barney and Teddy, Millie and Phoebe enjoyed their walks together. Relaxing week – feel 100 %. See you in May 2019! xxx
Not many words needed, just a brilliant stay – 4th time! Asked the dogs Max & Boyce what they thought of it – wagged their tails and started to bark, full of excitement!!!! – Guess they agreed! Diolch yn fawr to Sue & Jonah.
Happy to be back again with the lovely people Sue and Jonah and their two dogs Barney and Teddy. Lovely stay, beautiful surroundings and so much to see. Definitely a place to cherish and come back to. See you soon xxx
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend