Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the wood burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Lockable shed
- Full size telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
What a wonderful Cottage. Perfect for the kids who loved the woods and stream. Great places to visit and a warm welcome. Cottage is of high standard and had everything we need.
It was our second time here in Basel Cottage! All we can say is: In more than 10 years of holidays all over Great Britain, this definitely is the best cottage we have ever stayed in! The location is fantastic, so peaceful, so quiet! Thank you Sue & Jonah for everything – we will miss Wales and Basel Cottage! You are fantastic hosts! We do hope that we can come back again one day!!
Fabulous accommodation and lovely surroundings. Sue and Jonah greeted us with enthusiasm and were keen for us to make the most of our stay at Basel Cottage. We were shown around the cottage, of which they are very proud and rightly so! The cottage was comfortable and very clean. The surrounding garden / land was fabulous with amazing views and superb walks. Our elderly dog Faith was made most welcome. A super location for a truly relaxing break. Would highly recommend!
A beautiful cottage from which to explore the wonderful countryside. We have been made to feel so welcome by Sue and Jonah and will come again!
We have had a lovely Christmas at Basel Cottage. Lovely accommodation and the dogs have loved their walks in the woods. Thank you Sue and Jonah for your warm welcome and the teas and scones on arrival. The only thing you couldn’t provide was the weather!!
Stunning cottage, stunning location and warm and friendly welcome. We certainly hope to return.
Fantastic location, very comfortable cottage. Great base for exploring the Beacons and Carmarthenshire. Thanks to our perfect hosts. Hope to see you again soon.
We had a fantastic week in this beautiful cottage. We could not have asked for anything more, probably the best one we have ever stayed in. Ellie and Jake loved the field and the woods. Many thanks to Sue and Jonah for being great hosts. Hope to be back next year.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Basel Cottage. The cottage is extremely clean, well equipped and there are many leaflets, books and ideas for trips out and walks. Our dogs loved the enclosed field, stream and woods and we loved the rustic benches / picnic tables around the property – especially the seats on the decking. Sue & Jonah were brilliant, friendly and knowledgeable hosts, always on hand for advice, help and ideas. Thank you for a lovely week!
Thank you both for another fantastic week – yes it has been as marvellous as the first time. We are looking at dates for our next visit!
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend