Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, nestled within the rolling hills of welsh countryside. Boasting spectacular views, Basel Cottage is the perfect getaway for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. The cottage is set in 17 acres of welsh countryside with woods, private garden and river which attract a wide range of wildlife. The unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a great stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, comfortable sofas, oak coffee table, window seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD/Video player and Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-king bed, En-suite with large walk in shower, hand basin and toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyones needs, room for 5th “Z” bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and toilet
- Bed Linen and Towels included
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the Wood Burner is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available
- Safe Off-Road Parking
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome Dogs of all sizes and are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Two Terraces, one elevated and decked, the other with a Fire-pit and stone and slate seating.
- Lockable Shed
- Full size Telescope available from the owners to enjoy the dark skies
- Binoculars available in the Cottage
Had such laughs here in your lovely cottage. Wonderful area, scenery just amazing and the dogs had a wonderful time.
Thank you Sue and Jonah, a fabulous week! Lovely cottage, beautiful surroundings and a very warm welcome! ‘The girls’ have especially enjoyed the freedom of the fields and woods and their frequent visits ‘next door’ – Thank you!
A lovely week. Cottage great as usual – weather was kind to us. Yolande loves Wales, but this was her first time back since she was a child. Hope to see you again next year – Our week to relax! Thank you.
Dear Sue & Jonah, Thank you for making our stay in Basel Cottage so enjoyable. The cottage is fantastic and we loved the area. Tyler is really going to miss you both and really enjoyed the archery and spending time in your company – maybe Jack will be walking when we return! Lovely cottage and grounds, such a fab family holiday! Thank you xxx
Marvellous! The welcome cream tea was delicious and we also enjoyed the nice little talks with Sue and Jonah. A perfect holiday for all of us… we will definitely come back!
Sue and Jonah, 2nd time for us in your lovely cottage. Weather’s not been that great but we had a relaxing week. Patch enjoyed it with plenty of walks with Barney and Teddy – they got on so well. Thank you for the Tea and Cream Scones when we arrived. You are great hosts! Hope to see you soon. All the best, Diane, Clive and Patch x
Thank you so much for your warm welcome and hospitality. We all throughly enjoyed our stay, the boys had such fun playing hide and seek in the woods and we had lots of laughs down at the river with Rocky. A really special place run by special people. Thanks for a holiday to remember.
Thank you Sue and Jonah. A very special place!
Thank you for such a lovely time! We have really enjoyed Basel Cottage, especially the scones!
Basel Cottage is a lovely property, both inside and out. It’s well decorated and has everything you’ll need. The owners are lovely, leaving you in doubt that you can contact them if you need anything, but otherwise just leaving you to your own devices. They’re also genuinely dog-friendly and the grounds are great for keeping your dog amused. I would heartily recommend Basel Cottage!
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend