Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Holiday Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone holiday cottage based just outside the tranquil location of the small Market Town of Llandovery in the County of Carmarthenshire in Wales. The Cottage is situated in the stunning Cambrian Mountains and on the edge of The Brecon Beacons National Park. Boasting spectacular views, award-winning Basel Cottage is the perfect rural retreat for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. We happily accept up to 2 dogs and they are very welcome to stay free of charge. Additional dogs may be considered by prior arrangement.
Graded 5* Star with Visit Wales, our Holiday Cottage is set in 17 acres of glorious Welsh Countryside with a Private Woodland, Enclosed Garden and with access to the River Bran all of which attract a wide range of wildlife.
A choice of two stunning terraces to relax are available for your private use. The Decked Terrace has a spectacular view over the valley and river and offers outside seating to enjoy some alfresco dining. The Stone and Slate Terrace with Firepit is a fantastic addition so why not spend an evening Star Gazing and enjoying our fabulous Dark Skies?
Because of its unique location, Basel Cottage is perfect if you are looking for a peaceful and quiet setting with country walks straight from the door. The unspoilt Crychan Forest which offers walking, cycling and horse riding trails is also only a short distance away.
If you are interested in staying in Basel Cottage but you would like further information please CONTACT US NOW.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table and Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area and Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet and Hand Basin.
- Lounge – A fabulous original Stone Inglenook Fireplace with Wood Burning Stove, Comfortable Sofas, Oak Coffee Table, Window Seat with views of the valley, and TV with Free-Sat and DVD Player.
- Master Bedroom – Super-King Bed, En-suite with large walk in Shower, Hand Basin and Toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin Beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyone’s needs, space for 5th “Z” Bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Full Size Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and Toilet.
Gardens and Grounds:
- Enclosed Garden.
- Decked Terrace overlooking the River Bran.
- Stone and Slate Patio with Fire-pit.
- Enclosed Woodland.
- Bed Linen and Towels included.
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included.
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the Wood Burning Stove is provided. Additional wood can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available.
- Safe Off-Road Parking.
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome dogs of all sizes and we are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Lockable Shed.
- Full size Telescope available from the owners to enjoy the fantastic Dark Skies.
- Binoculars available in the Cottage.