Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Holiday Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone holiday cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, Carmarthenshire in the Cambrian Mountains and on the edge of The Brecon Beacons National Park. Boasting spectacular views, award-winning Basel Cottage is the perfect rural retreat for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. We happily accept up to 2 dogs and they are very welcome to stay free of charge.
Graded 5* Star with Visit Wales, our Holiday Cottage is set in 17 acres of glorious Welsh countryside with a Private Woodland, Enclosed Garden and with access to the River Bran all of which attract a wide range of wildlife. A choice of two stunning terraces to relax are available for your private use and the unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a fabulous original Stone Inglenook Fireplace with Wood Burning Stove, comfortable Sofas, Oak Coffee Table, Window Seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD player and retro Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-King Bed, En-suite with large walk in Shower, Hand Basin and Toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin Beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyone’s needs, room for 5th “Z” Bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and Toilet.
Gardens and Grounds
- Enclosed Garden.
- Decked Terrace overlooking the River Bran.
- Stone and Slate Patio with Fire-pit.
- Enclosed Woodland.
- Bed Linen and Towels included.
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included.
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the Wood Burning Stove is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available.
- Safe Off-Road Parking.
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome dogs of all sizes and we are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Lockable Shed.
- Full size Telescope available from the owners to enjoy the fantastic Dark Skies.
- Binoculars available in the Cottage.
This has been a wonderful holiday. The cottage is perfect and the surroundings are spectacular. Sue and Jonah have been great and we would love to come back.
Delightful cottage, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended, thanks for the friendly welcome!
Our 3rd stay at this amazing cottage – our 2nd time for New Year! We thoroughly enjoyed visiting many places in the local area. Sue and Jonah’s hospitality, help and advice made our stay very enjoyable. Hope to return again soon xxx
We had a lovely holiday in your beautiful cottage. The walks to Llyn y Fan Fach and the Usk Reservoir were super with so few other visitors. Lexi did her best to stop the squirrels eating all the bird food! Thank you Sue and Jonah.
WOW, what a fab cottage! A very warm welcome from Sue and Jonah. Would highly recommend. Thanks for looking after us all from Carol x
We have had a lovely three days in Basel Cottage – always spotless! And today the sun is shining for us. Ruben had a great time, see you soon and thank you.
Not many words needed, just a brilliant stay – 4th time! Asked the dogs Max & Boyce what they thought of it – wagged their tails and started to bark, full of excitement!!!! – Guess they agreed! Diolch yn fawr to Sue & Jonah.
A lovely week in a beautiful cottage with fantastic surroundings, we had a lovely time!
Beacons – Wow! Cottage – Wow!!
Thank you for a fantastic stay in your beautiful cottage. It has been so relaxing and comfortable. Henry has rejuvenated at least 5 years! A wonderful holiday!
- Best Dog Friendly Holiday Cottage in South Wales!
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend