Beautiful Converted Two-Bedroom Stone Holiday Cottage
Basel Cottage is our converted stone holiday cottage based in the tranquil location of Llandovery, Carmarthenshire in the Cambrian Mountains and on the edge of The Brecon Beacons National Park. Boasting spectacular views, award-winning Basel Cottage is the perfect rural retreat for small families, groups and couples and sleeps 4 + 1. We happily accept up to 2 dogs and they are very welcome to stay free of charge.
Graded 5* Star with Visit Wales, our Holiday Cottage is set in 17 acres of glorious Welsh countryside with a Private Woodland, Enclosed Garden and with access to the River Bran all of which attract a wide range of wildlife. A choice of two stunning terraces to relax are available for your private use and the unspoilt Crychan Forest is a short walk away.
- Kitchen – Electric Oven & Ceramic Hob, Fridge & Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining Table & Chairs.
- Utility Room – Washing Machine, Large Sink area, Drying Area.
- Bathroom – Toilet & Hand Basin.
- Lounge – a fabulous original Stone Inglenook Fireplace with Wood Burning Stove, comfortable Sofas, Oak Coffee Table, Window Seat with views of the valley, TV with Free-Sat and DVD player and retro Playstation with Games.
- Master Bedroom – Super-King Bed, En-suite with large walk in Shower, Hand Basin and Toilet, dual aspect windows with views across the valley and gardens.
- Twin Bedroom – Twin Beds, one with a firm mattress and the other with a soft mattress to suit everyone’s needs, room for 5th “Z” Bed if needed.
- Bathroom – Bath with Shower, Hand Basin and Toilet.
Gardens and Grounds
- Enclosed Garden.
- Decked Terrace overlooking the River Bran.
- Stone and Slate Patio with Fire-pit.
- Enclosed Woodland.
- Bed Linen and Towels included.
- Oil Central Heating and Electricity Included.
- Initial supply of seasoned wood for the Wood Burning Stove is provided. Additional can be provided for a small charge.
- Cot & High Chair available.
- Safe Off-Road Parking.
- Dog Friendly (Up to two dogs free of charge) We are happy to welcome dogs of all sizes and we are also willing to dog sit for a small additional charge (by prior arrangement).
- Lockable Shed.
- Full size Telescope available from the owners to enjoy the fantastic Dark Skies.
- Binoculars available in the Cottage.
A really lovely stay. Wonderful location. Sue looked after us very well.
Perfect, Awesome and Thanks. Be back soon.
Basel Cottage is now firmly our No.1 ‘Go to’ cottage when we need to recharge our batteries! Despite awful weather Sue and Jonah create the most perfect spot to enjoy the peace and quiet. The antics at the bird table can keep you amused and entertained for hours! Thank You.
Beautiful 5* cottage in a fabulous location. We had a wonderful week that went so quick. Lovely Cream Tea on arrival. Paul & Kieran loved Bike Park Wales. Great days out at Newquay, the Waterfalls and Usk Reservoir. Lots of good food at The Bear Inn and Castle Hotel in Llandovery. Merlin, the Red Setter, will miss the garden and the woods. Thanks Sue & Jonah for being wonderful hosts.
We feel deeply privileged to have spent another unique & wonderful week here in Llandovery at Basel Cottage. The sun has enhanced and embraced our stay. We have enjoyed the beauty of the surrounding hills and valleys particularly the snow on Pen y Fan. Your warmth of welcome Sue and the superb quality and provision of the cottage has again been a great blessing – Many thanks!
What a lovely place for a rest, the cottage is lovely and felt like home as soon as you walked in.
Thank you for a lovely week – Beautiful cottage in a lovely surrounding and our every need catered for from extra dog blankets to local info such as great places to eat and road closures!
Beautiful cottage and surroundings. We had the most relaxing time – so peaceful, brilliant!
Can only repeat what previous guests have already said – a GEM of a cottage with the perfect hosts! Thank you!!!
This is the second time at Basel Cottage. Once again, we have had a lovely relaxing holiday. You are both such lovely, helpful and friendly hosts. This year we met Barney for the first time – He is adorable! Thank you for the lovely scones on arrival. Thank you once again xxx
- Best Dog Friendly Holiday Cottage in South Wales!
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend