Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd September 2019.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th July 2019 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit No. 7 says it all doesn’t it? Nice to see Max and Boyce, Barney and Teddy getting on so well with each other. Thanks again for the lovely welcome and see you again in August. Diolch yn fawr xxx
We have had a lovely three days in Basel Cottage – always spotless! And today the sun is shining for us. Ruben had a great time, see you soon and thank you.
Fantastic hosts, wonderful place! Our second stay at Basel Cottage where we have had a very relaxing four days. Weather was good for time of year, sunshine, showers, snow & frost – we will be back!
Totally fabulous – Much love x
Thank you so much for your warm welcome and hospitality. We all throughly enjoyed our stay, the boys had such fun playing hide and seek in the woods and we had lots of laughs down at the river with Rocky. A really special place run by special people. Thanks for a holiday to remember.
We leave Basel Cottage reluctantly. The kindness of our hosts will be a lasting memory as will the comfort and elegance of the cottage and the beauty of the surroundings. Thank you Sue, thank you Jonah, for providing all that makes for a very enjoyable holiday.
We have had a lovely week staying at Basel Cottage. Sue and Jonah gave us a warm welcome and were happy to answer any questions we had. It is clear to see the hard work and effort that has been put into the cottage as it is so homely. You are set in a wonderful location here! Thank you for letting us have a holiday to remember!
A wonderful week, lovely welcome. Doggie paradise, such a perfect place to stay.
A lovely week at this fabulous cottage, you could not want for more. We are sad to be leaving.
Lovely to return here to this beautiful location and so comfortable cottage. Thank you for all your kindness.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend