Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September 2018.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th July 2018 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
We have had two weeks here – what a wonderful place! There is so much freedom here, just open the front door and spill out. The first week the weather was wonderful, the second week mixed. The cottage is so well equipped and the Cream Tea on arrival was very welcome. Sue and Jonah are wonderful hosts, we will certainly be back. Llian and Logan enjoyed the mosaic workshop! Thank you both so very much xxx
A luxurious treat for dogs and humans alike! Thank you.
Once again we had a really relaxing time. Great welcoming tea. Dogs remembered you and enjoyed the runs in the fields. See you both next year. Thanks.
Such kindness from these two lovely people, how can we ever repay you? Oh and the cottage was pretty good too!
We feel deeply privileged to have spent another unique & wonderful week here in Llandovery at Basel Cottage. The sun has enhanced and embraced our stay. We have enjoyed the beauty of the surrounding hills and valleys particularly the snow on Pen y Fan. Your warmth of welcome Sue and the superb quality and provision of the cottage has again been a great blessing – Many thanks!
A beautiful find for a last minute booking. Enjoyed the National Botanic Gardens of Wales and the British Birds of Prey Centre on the way here. Agree with other guests that the RSPB Walk is well worth doing. Stunning views all around Llyn y Fan Fach and Llyn y Fan Fawr. Both Dinefwr Castle and Carreg Cennen Castle are well worth doing.
Not many words needed, just a brilliant stay – 4th time! Asked the dogs Max & Boyce what they thought of it – wagged their tails and started to bark, full of excitement!!!! – Guess they agreed! Diolch yn fawr to Sue & Jonah.
Dear Sue & Jonah, We had an amazing week! We were lucky enough to have beautiful and sunny weather almost the entire week! The hiking tour of the two lakes – Llyn Y Fan Fach and Llyn Y Fan Fawr was our personal favourite, really exhausting but absolutely worth it! – The view is breath-taking! But best of all was coming home to a lovely cottage in the evening, which obviously had taken a lot of work! So much love has been put into it and it really felt like home – Thank you for that. Hopef…
We have had a wonderful week in your perfect cottage. Thank you for a warm welcome and lovely cream tea when we arrived. After our days out and about it was a real pleasure to come “home” and relax in the garden.
Our 4th stay at Basel Cottage, a home away from home in a wonderful setting with wonderful hosts! We will be back again next year! Thank you for the welcome – another great stay x
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend