Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd September 2019.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th July 2019 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for a lovely time at Basel Cottage, we really enjoyed it. This was the nicest and warmest place we’ve ever been on a trip, it was amazing!
Happy to be back again with the lovely people Sue and Jonah and their two dogs Barney and Teddy. Lovely stay, beautiful surroundings and so much to see. Definitely a place to cherish and come back to. See you soon xxx
This is the second time at Basel Cottage. Once again, we have had a lovely relaxing holiday. You are both such lovely, helpful and friendly hosts. This year we met Barney for the first time – He is adorable! Thank you for the lovely scones on arrival. Thank you once again xxx
Dear Sue & Jonah, Thank you for making our stay in Basel Cottage so enjoyable. The cottage is fantastic and we loved the area. Tyler is really going to miss you both and really enjoyed the archery and spending time in your company – maybe Jack will be walking when we return! Lovely cottage and grounds, such a fab family holiday! Thank you xxx
Our 3rd visit here. Thank you Sue and Jonah for a warm ‘Welcome Back’ and super Cream Tea. Had a lovely week despite the very mixed weather! Loved meeting Barney and Teddy. Hope to be back soon X.
We have had a lovely three days in Basel Cottage – always spotless! And today the sun is shining for us. Ruben had a great time, see you soon and thank you.
Our 3rd visit! Wonderful as ever, see you next time!
What a lovely place for a rest, the cottage is lovely and felt like home as soon as you walked in.
Dear Sue and Jonah, had a lovely time here in your lovely cottage. Weather not too bad and enjoyed the countryside. Cooper loved the open air and we hope to visit again. Thank you very much.
A very very warm welcome with tea and scones. The weather was not too bad. The cottage is very lovely and very cosy and the surrounding area is beautiful. Thank you both for all the care you take.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend