Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September 2018.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th July 2018 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
Delightful cottage, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended, thanks for the friendly welcome!
Lovely to be back at Basel Cottage again. Nice to meet Barney and Teddy, Millie and Phoebe enjoyed their walks together. Relaxing week – feel 100 %. See you in May 2019! xxx
We leave Basel Cottage reluctantly. The kindness of our hosts will be a lasting memory as will the comfort and elegance of the cottage and the beauty of the surroundings. Thank you Sue, thank you Jonah, for providing all that makes for a very enjoyable holiday.
Once again we had a really relaxing time. Great welcoming tea. Dogs remembered you and enjoyed the runs in the fields. See you both next year. Thanks.
What more can we add to previous comments about how great this place is and the warm hospitality of Sue & Jonah. We stayed 5 days and highlights included Dinefwr Park & Castle, day trip to Tenby and a sunny walk around the National Botanic Garden of Wales. Really comfortable cottage, fabulous views – probably the BEST holiday cottage we have ever stayed in. BIG THANK YOU!
Outstanding cottage in a beautiful area. Congratulations to Sue and Jonah on creating such a tranquil holiday home.
WOW, what a fab cottage! A very warm welcome from Sue and Jonah. Would highly recommend. Thanks for looking after us all from Carol x
A lovely week at this fabulous cottage, you could not want for more. We are sad to be leaving.
A beautiful cottage from which to explore the wonderful countryside. We have been made to feel so welcome by Sue and Jonah and will come again!
Brilliant!! Lovely welcome by Sue and Sam on arrival. Lovely area and great people, will recommend this to all.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend