Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September 2018.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th July 2018 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: email@example.com
Just perfect in every way. Truly dog friendly! The woods are lovely. Local walks great. Beautiful cottage, warm and cosy. Sue & Jonah fantastic hosts – would definitely recommend.
Wonderful setting, great walks and really comfortable cottage. Lottie enjoyed her day with Sue and had great fun playing with Jonah. Can’t wait to come again.
Thanks for a lovely time at Basel Cottage, we really enjoyed it. This was the nicest and warmest place we’ve ever been on a trip, it was amazing!
Sophie has loved the open spaces and enjoyed her walks to the river and the woods – Doggy paradise! Charlie’s first holiday with Grandma and Granddad – We cherished every minute. Thank you Sue and Jonah.
This is a really lovely cottage beautifully fitted out and in such a fantastic area. We had some thoroughly enjoyable walks with the dog – just wish the weather had been a bit better. A great place to stay.
A very very warm welcome with tea and scones. The weather was not too bad. The cottage is very lovely and very cosy and the surrounding area is beautiful. Thank you both for all the care you take.
Our stay in Basel Cottage can be described in one word – ‘Perfect!!’ Thank you.
Thank you Sue and Jonah, we have had another great stay at your cottage. It’s a perfect place to stay and we hope to return again next year. Brenie had a fantastic time running in the surrounding fields.
Sue and Jonah thank you for a lovely stay. Cottage is very lovely with great views and all a great holiday needs. We hope to see you next year.
Thank you for a fantastic stay in your beautiful cottage. It has been so relaxing and comfortable. Henry has rejuvenated at least 5 years! A wonderful holiday!
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend