Whether you would prefer to sit on the patio overlooking the valley or take the kids on a day out, Basel Cottage is the perfect central location to explore Mid Wales and its beautiful surroundings. Take a look below at only a selection of things to do and places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walking – Basel Cottage is set in 17 acres of countryside of which guests and pets are free to roam. There are also plenty of nearby walking trails including the Crychan Forest trails where you can enjoy the tranquillity of the forest.
- Cycling – Crychan Forest is perfect for cycling in the forest and is not far from our cottage.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of places to go horse riding including Llangorse and Cantref riding centre.
- Water sports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Bird Watching – You can enjoy the wildlife from the comfort of the gardens at Basel Cottage and we even have a Telescope you can use to take a closer look. The Red Kite Feeding Station is also nearby and worth a visit.
- Shopping – There are plenty of places to visit in search of good shops including Carmarthen, Swansea and Cardiff.
- Beaches – Basel Cottage is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Llandovery Sheep Festival – Adventures in fun, food & wool. Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd September 2019.
- LLandovery MotorBike Weekend – Are you a biker? Then why not join us in Llandovery, set in the beautiful Tywi Valley in Carmarthenshire on Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th July 2019 for some motorbike fun!.
Places to Visit
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Cynghordy Viaduct
By Phone: 01550 720794
Mobile: 07960 871 558
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sundae and Fe (Brown and Black Labs) – Thank you Sue and Jonah – WE HAD FUN! xxx – so did we Alexia & Paul!
We had a lovely time at Basel Cottage. It is finished to an absolutely brilliant standard, definitely deserves it’s 5 Stars! Sue and Jonah are lovely and could not do enough to help. It was like visiting friends.
We all really enjoyed the cottage and the walks around your land. Issy and Oysha loved their playtime in the river on Sunday! We hope that we can visit again soon.
Thank you for such a lovely time at Basel Cottage. I love the thought of having all that ground, it has been such fun staying here, I do not want to leave! (Isabel). I hope we can come again to stay in your lovely cottage (Millie). We all loved your woods, cottage, bird table and the ‘mountains in the woods’ (Percy). We do not think that Bruce the Dog wants to leave!
We have had an amazing week, thank you! The dogs have loved the “garden” and we have loved the tranquillity.
An excellent week with lots of sun and little rain. Lovely cottage with fantastic grounds, enjoyed especially by the dogs.
Fantastic cottage finished to a high standard. Great cottage and owners very helpful. Very comfortable and enjoyable stay even though the weather whilst we were there was wild. Would recommend.
Not many words needed, just a brilliant stay – 4th time! Asked the dogs Max & Boyce what they thought of it – wagged their tails and started to bark, full of excitement!!!! – Guess they agreed! Diolch yn fawr to Sue & Jonah.
What a lovely place for a rest, the cottage is lovely and felt like home as soon as you walked in.
When going on holiday its everyones desire to arrive at your destination and feel at home. Sadly this is seldom the case until you plan a stay at Basel Cottage! ..this cottage ticks all the boxes even the ones not on the list. And there is more, the cottage comes with a friendly welcoming team (Sue, Jonah and Ben) totally at your service in a charming way.
- Basel Cottage Holidays Wins Gold in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2018/2019
- Basel Cottage Holidays announced as a Regional Winner in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2018
- Aberglasney Gardens – Special Offer for January and February 2018!
- Finalist – Brecon Beacons Tourism Awards
- HRH The Prince of Wales Book Signing @ the launch of Llandovery Motorbike Weekend